Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A day at the range with Knight and the Bloodline >

A day at the range with Knight and the Bloodline

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A day at the range with Knight and the Bloodline

Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Spike

Default A day at the range with Knight and the Bloodline

The one in 28 is the real ticket when using 300 blood line bullets. Once again I have found that 90 to 100 grains of T-7 or Blackhorn 209 and the heavy bullets of 275 to 300 are the real deal. Not only do they make tiny little clusters, but they lay the smoke down on whatever they hit. I have shot several animals with these bullets and when the shards break off at impact it looks like a claymore mine has gone off inside the deer. I have continued to find that the longer bullets stabilize better that the short pistol type bullets. I have found that using the Knight sabots work better than some of the aftermarkets that I have tried. I used some of the Harvester crush rib and found them to load way too easy to shoot accurate. I have an older Knight Disc that likes about everything up to an including a number ten river rock. Just a Joke, but would probably shoot it if I could get it down the barrel. I once was an advocate of the XTP bullets, but now show a great deal of favor for the new Knight Bloodline bullets from Lehigh Defense. This bullet has shown itself to be a great performer. I didn’t think I would ever say The Barns 250 would be replaced as my primary hunting bullet, I now can say that with authority.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike is sending me some 300gr Bloodline to try. I worry about what you said though.

I use the gutless method, and I don't want the guts shot up from those loose petals coming off. I'd prefer a bullet like the Barnes that stays together, and makes a large wound channel.

Flying apart reminds me of a Powerbelt, and we all know the rep they have.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Spike

Pete I think when you shoot the Bloodline you will realy like them. The part that breaks off is small part of the hollow point. The rest of the bullet acts like the Barns. When you get the three hundreds I want to hear what you think. Thanks Barry
Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

DiscMan:
Thanks for posting your results. Just to be clear, were you shooting an original .50 cal DISC in your above post ?

With respect to sabots for the .458 Bloodlines, it appears Knight offers them with a supplied red sabot...(I'm guessing made by MMP).

I know MMP makes an orange HPH sabot for .458's and I've shot the 275 Lehigh's with them and found them to accurate in my .50 Disc Elite. .. What Harvester Crush Rib did you try?

Thanks... Rob
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by rt_con
DiscMan:
Thanks for posting your results. Just to be clear, were you shooting an original .50 cal DISC in your above post ?

With respect to sabots for the .458 Bloodlines, it appears Knight offers them with a supplied red sabot...(I'm guessing made by MMP).
The red Knight sabots are MMP and made for Knight in the red color.

I know MMP makes an orange HPH sabot for .458's and I've shot the 275 Lehigh's with them and found them to accurate in my .50 Disc Elite. .. What Harvester Crush Rib did you try?
The MM Orange and the Knight Red - basically same thing but different colors.

Thanks... Rob[/quote]
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shootin DiscMan!

Hey SL, are all Knight brand sabots made by MMP?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Nice shootin DiscMan!

Hey SL, are all Knight brand sabots made by MMP?
I believe they are... They make everybodies except Harvesters...
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Ok, so would the ones knight sells be the regular or hph? I'm assuming the std ones. (sorry for the hijack DiscMan)
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Thanks. Ok, so would the ones knight sells be the regular or hph? I'm assuming the std ones. (sorry for the hijack DiscMan)
They are HPH-24 (Black) the .458x50 will also be HPH. Even the old tan 40x45 are now made using the HPH polymer.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you sir!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.