HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PSE evo max and PSE DNA
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM
BP_Niccum
Fork Horn

Greater the brace height more forgivness your bow will have when shooting. Smaller bace heigth it will be faster generaly but less forgiving for your mistakes. As your new to archery I would suggest you look at a more forgiving bow because you will have plenty of trial and error and common bowhunter mistakes. Thats alot of money to drop and a 1st time bow especialy if you havent hunted archery befor. So it is even more imparative that you go down and shoot whats on hand and get an idea of what you like and what feels natural to you. You dont need a 1000 doller compound set up to kill. I mean I still shoot a martin threshold still and its not a complicated or fancy bow at all, but when I went down to the shop and I shoot it great and it felt right. And as a poor man at the time the 300 i spent on setting that up was alot for me to part with. Im not saying that buying a great bow to begin with is a bad investment, but your first few months of shooting a Great shooter with a average bow can outshoot an not so great shooter with a impressive top of the food chain bow. Dont shy away from looking at used bows already tuned up and set up to the hilts by there owners who have to sell them way cheeper now! One mans mistake is another mans luckey day!

Ohh and as a beginner expect to shoot and lose lots of arrows. Expensive arrows needed for expensive bows and first time shooting at animals is alot differnt the at the indoor practice range. Expect to lose arrows.

Good Luck Niccum

Last edited by BP_Niccum; 01-04-2013 at 11:49 AM.