HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on Buck Bedding and Staging Areas Here?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Clevinger
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Find the nastiest, heaviest cover around the area even if you have to wade water that would be belly deep on a deer to get there and that's probably where the biggest bucks will be found. We have places like that up in Michigan that they will wade in until they find a high spot to lay on and there is absolutely no way to approach them without them knowing it. You also need to remember that a big buck will not normally follow the trail that does and smaller bucks are using unless it;s during the rut and he;s out cruising for does.

Yeah, this is Minnesota, so it's probably similar.

There are some scattered trees in the swamp, but I don't know if the ground is really that much higher. It would be pretty wet for him if he went to the trees out the middle of it. I'm not sure if I'd call any of them "islands" in the deer hunting sense of the word.

I feel like they have too many bed options in here that are thick and impossible to access. I'm not really sure where to hit them outside of a few funnels leading to and from.

Last edited by Clevinger; 01-03-2013 at 07:59 PM.