HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PSE evo max and PSE DNA
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM
HnHotshot
Spike

Default PSE evo max and PSE DNA

I made a post the other day about my situation.

Basically I am a young man trying to pick up hunting as a sport and hobby. I'd very much like to get ready for the next season of bowhunting and I stumbled upon a problem, couldn't find which bow to get.

Since my uncle has a Mathews Drenalin I was kinda biased and wanted to do the same as he, and get a mathews myself. Been reading for a few days on mathews reviews for the drenalin, the z7( both z7 and z7 extreme), the Hoyt carbon element and PSE EVO 7.

I just called a local hunting and fishing pro shop where I asked if they had the PSE EVO 7 or PSE DS EVO in stock. She basically replied that the 2013 season the new bows are now called PSE MAX in place of the evo7 and PSE DNA in place of the DS EVO.

Now, I didn't want to bother her on the phone just cause I have very little knowledge about bows in general. I did get a few infos out of her though.

Basically they sell the PSE MAX for 899$ naked, and told me that without the actual arrows, it would cost an additional 300$ for equipment such as the quiver etc.

Just a few questions I'd like to ask before going into the actual shop on my own.

Does anybody know the difference between the EVO Max and the DNA (or EVO7 and Dream season EVO)? What would a hunter go for in between the 2? What I gathered for info was that basically the brace height between the two was different and that's about it, but what does it affect?