HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can't seem to hit the target, what gives?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 PM
jeffgothro
Spike

Default Can't seem to hit the target, what gives?

I just bought a Mathews Helim and it doesnt seem like its very accurate, I have a Cobra site (some 30.00$ cheap one) and a Trophy Ridge arrow rest (the top of the line one) and while I've fired the bow only about 10 times, I can barely hit the side of a barn with it. I line up the bottom pin with the target, and some shots are almost in the target area, some arnt, and after collecting my arrows and re-shooting them, again, lining up the bottom pin again with the target I miss by like up to 3 feet...why?

Other questions?

Is there a draw weight I should have my bow set to, I think its about at 50lbs now, I shot it roughly 6 times, couldnt shoot it after that, my arm was to tired.

Last question, what should I put behind my hay bales, I put ply wood, how thick do the wood need to be, my arrows keep going through it or getting stuck, I've already had one practice tip rip itself right out of the shaft when I was pulling it out of the hay bale, the tip is still embedded in there somewhere?

I think thats all for now, thanks.

-J

Last edited by jeffgothro; 12-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.