HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - getting started?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM
AddicTioN
Spike

Default getting started?

hey guys right now im deciding on either getting a new rifle or getting into bow hunting. been thinking about this for awhile and really love the though of bow hunting ive shot plenty of bows but have never hunted with them so im kind of wondering where to start. the only nice bows i have shot are hoyt and PSE the others are just cheap ones.

i know i would just be starting but i want a nice bow that i wont have to upgrade next season unless i want to. ive been looking at the some of the newer bows and they all seem to be relatively even when it comes to the name brands it seems its just a matter a personal preference. if im wrong here please et me know.

i was budgeting around 1200 or so for my new rifle and scope so id be fine with spending around 800ish on a bow setup id really love to get in the sport and have wanted to for awhile now..id even like to turn my turkey hunts into bow hunts.

but any advice on which bow i should go with would be great. i know i will go to my local store soon and i will have to be properly fitted for a bow i just want to know which bows i want to pick up when i go in the local shop. thanks guys.