HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New here, want to hunt
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all. I will definitely invest in cameo clothing (I have previously made purchases from the Sportsman Guide). Today I learned that male turkeys have white, red, and blue on their heads, so I must not wear those clothes.

I passed the shotgun and written exams - I am now legally authorized to purchase a hunting license in my state! I've narrowed down my choices for a long gun. Hunting, here I come!

Sorry, but to me you sound very naive. I commend you on asking your questions. Most are very good. My suggestion is to find some people to take you hunting before you get in too deep and spend tons of money on crap you don't necessarily need because someone on line told you so.

Also, your location will dictate your type of hunting. The Benoit way will never work in my area of Illinois. Around here, you're best to get your butt up in a tree over a food source or trail to and from a food source/bedding area.

There are lots of ins and outs. You'll learn most of them through trial and error and mistakes. One of my biggest was learning just to stay put.

Take it easy. Go slow. Keep asking questions. But, most importantly find someone to take you hunting. Better yet is to go with more than one so as you will learn different things from different people. Good luck.