HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 15 thread bow contest
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM
bkautz
Spike

Originally Posted by JCNinOKC
My salary depends on people that buy hunting and fishing liscense. I have face to face contact with bowhunters everyday at my WMA and if I were to treat them the way you have treated me I would soon be out of a job and our WMA's would soon be closed to all hunters. I am there to help and assist hunters anyway I can and I should expect the same out of my fellow hunters. I did not spend days this summer in 110-115 degree heat practicing just so I can go out and make a bad decision or take a bad shot, I have to much respect for the animals and my own blood and sweat that I have put in over the years to manage and create a healthy herd at my WMA. I gave the deer the respect it deserved by searching high and low from sunup till sundown until every muscle in my body ached and I was totally exhausted. Today was my first time back in the stand since Tuesday night. As stated above it happens and there is nothing we can do about it because of the unknown variable of how that animal is going to react when that string is released. That is what draws us to this wonderful aspect of hunting.
very well said!