HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do I Claim My Trophy?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:02 AM
WNYhunter
Typical Buck

again, sometimes bad things happen in good situations. I have learned thru this that if I ever get a shot at a bear to hold off for that broadside shot or quartering away. Honestly, I love that quartering to shot on whitetails with a gun. but i guess for bear, you should hold off.

Halfbaked420, not a bad idea for a beginner to hit a target but we all know all that proves is that you can hit a target. I dont think this guy didnt hit what he was aiming at, he just didnt take the right shot. big difference. Next time I bet he holds off and waits.

Muley hunter, I agree with the statement of passing up more shot than you take. it took me a few years growing up to finally quit thinkin I had to shoot at every deer I saw. I feel I have become a better hunter cause of it. But this is I believe a first time bear hunt. Who wouldnt be nervous and mabey jump the gun a little to soon. I feel bad for the guy cause I bet he put in a ton of work for that moment. I bet he is still sick to his stomach about it, as a hunter who has never lost an animal you wouldnt know that feeling. I do