HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do I Claim My Trophy?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
ducksandbucks
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
This pretty much explains who's bear it is. Which was you original question.

"my uncle had a tag and used his tag to tag it legally"

I might also add that your uncle tracks better. I really see no reason why you think the bear is yours? All you did was make a bad shot. Let it go, and learn from it.

No reason to leave the forum. You asked for our opinions, and that's what you got. I won't butter someone up, because they're new to the forum. I just give my honest opinion. Hopefully, that's what you wanted?
Hey man, I did ask for your opinion and appreciate a well thought out a response. I don't want to debate your opinion. But you did ask the wuestion of why I might consider it mine when all I did was make a bad shot. Actually, I ran 4 bait stations for a week, I sat in a tree stand for 40 hours, I sat scent free and still in the stand for a bear to come within 50 yards, I shot the bear and I spent 10 hours trying to recover the bear. So I would say I did more than just popping off a shot at a bear.

Another point of clarity, it was grouse hunters who pointed out the bear in the river. Sorry for the confussion.

I really am not trying to argue for me, I am on the fence which is why I asked in the first place. Just trying to provide facts and head of the personal attacks.

1 more point since you guys have me playing defense. This was a do it yourself hunt on public land, not me droppinng 3k and having a guide put a bear in front of me. So I do take some offense to those saying I did nothing.

Last edited by ducksandbucks; 10-03-2012 at 08:03 PM.