HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do I Claim My Trophy?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

I have no desire to run off a new member, new members bring new insights and stories and that's what this site is about. So, I'll patiently explain myself.
When you said last day, I thought it meant last day of the season. It's the internet and we're reading a text. Not sitting around the camp having a conversation. So please, always try and be clear on everything. If you're clear on what you post no one will need to ask you questions about it, they'll just be able to address the important things.

About the shot. you already realize that quartering to you was not the best, but as hunters we sometimes have to take what is offered. Under the right conditions I wouldn't hesitate to take that shot either.

Also, when I said it could have been someones else's bear... You said other hunters told your uncle it was in the river. That is reason to believe that it could potentially be another hunters bear.
I'm glad the bear was recovered. That's the important thing. I personally would still not call it my bear. But if you want to claim it, then certainly do it. And get back out there when you can and hunt some more. That's what we're here for!
-Jake