HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Bowhunting Basic Question
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
7MMXBOLT
Fork Horn

70 acres is a good size chunk of land. Like others have said, based on what you discribed you won't have any trouble blowing them out of there. Your stand height is what we use for the same reason. You got a good deal going and you could keep it that way if you manage the buck to doe ratio right. If you can bait, set out some camera's and get an idea of what's out there. If I had that much land I would be seriously thinking about putting in some food plots or at least one and keep it close to the best water source if you can. You don't need a bunch of fancy tractor equipment to do it either. Also that property has been a sanctuary when the hunting pressure get's high on the adjacent lands. More deer should move in as the season progresses so keep the camera's rolling all season. You'll soon get an idea as to how often you should be hunting it by the end of this season and just adjust accordingly for next. Thick brush is my favorite. We cut trails to our stands and the deer will use them cause it is the least point of resistance. We actually make them come to us. Our trails are raked right down to the earth so tracks are easy to size up. I got some tricks if your interested!

Good luck and let us know what your seeing.

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 10-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.