HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Bow, Blown String!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
rafsob
Nontypical Buck

Red face New Bow, Blown String!!!

I was at my friend's house shooting my xbow. the weather was nice and I was feeling great and then the bottom fell out!

After shooting my sixth shot, my string broke and scared the ever loving schmidt out of me. Now this is a brand new xbow and I have only shot it less then a dozen times.

After calming myself down and collecting my stuff, I called the company. We talked a while and told me they would send me a new string. They wanted me to send them the bow. I asked them if they had a dealer in my local area and they did. Told them I would take it to the dealer and they agreed. Good customer service department!!!

The man at the store looked at the string, arrow and bow and we both came to the same conclusion. The nock at the end of the arrow was not clued in place and had rotated. So when I placed the arrow in the rail, the cupped nock edges were up against the string. I pulled the trigger and the nock cut through the string. I left the bow with the dealer he will give it a good go over and restring it for me.

Just glad I didn't get hurt. It all happened so fast, unbelievable!!!