HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Small MR Report
Thread: Small MR Report
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 AM
TCprohunter
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Jon already showed enough pictures of the MR. I'll just show one. You can see I changed the hard recoil pad to the one off the Wolf. The scope is 1.5x5x32. Perfect for my timber hunting. I just leave it on 1.5x.

I went to the range, and knew the scope wouldn't be too far off. I took it off the Wolf, so I wasn't starting from scratch. I'm also careful with a cracked rib I got last week, so I just wanted to shoot the minimum shots to sight it in.

The first shot was low right. I adjusted the scope and it barely moved the POI. I did it once more, and it still barely moved. That's three holes which slowly moved towards the bull.

The last adjustment was a lot! I thought it would be way too much, but it turned out just right. I called it good and went home. Elk have a big kill zone, and i'm happy the way the MR was shooting. No sense wasting anymore Thors. The gun is a sweetheart to shoot.

Load was BH 209 90gr 250gr Thor CCI 209M primer 100yds Scope on 1.5X.

I am really confused here. You said you adjusted the scope after each shot? On most scopes 4 clicks = 1" at 100yds so what gives. Was this really a 100yd target? If you really had to move the scope to hit the bull after adjusting between the three shots that are touching it seems like 50yds, 8 clicks = 1". Maybe it was 25yds? Just seems as if something is wrong?