HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - baiting response
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
AquamanPSD
Fork Horn

We're all talking about corn but what about Lucky Buck or other mineral licks. Tell me that there isn't a benifit in that. I use Lucky Buck year round and it's obviously good for the deer because you can see it in the bucks horns. I have used corn, mollassses, food plots, and just about every type of mineral/food you can think of and I pormise you don't put any more time in than I do. Tell me what the difference of you spending "hours" in the woods patterning deer or me discing a feild for a food plot when its 100 degree outside and still having to pattern the deers movement into that food plot? Get off your soap box, your not better or more of a hunter than anyone else because you chose to hunt accorns or bedding areas more the a mineral lick.

And another point. lets think about it like this.... outlaw feeding in my home state of KY, less deer get killed, the already high population gets higher, food becomes scarce, herd health goes down and so does antler size, less deer get killed because they are smaller, Over population gets worse and worse and disease whips out the entire herd. Far fetched yes but the fact is if disease is going to spread its going to spread. Having a corn feeder out isn't going to make enough of a difference to mention.

Last edited by AquamanPSD; 09-07-2012 at 10:09 AM.