HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - baiting response
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Maddog10
Fork Horn

I personally don't use any baiting tactics, but I don't look down upon those that do use them. Sure, I can see the point that it is somewhat considered "cheating", but at the same time you better believe that the Indians and the people before all these high speed compound bows would have used anything that they felt gave them an extra advantage. I certainly consider those people to be hunters as well. Fortunately, now-a-days not many of us view hunting as a "kill or starve" type of deal, but do it because it is something we enjoy and because we like the meat. Like I said, i don't hunt over any bait piles but several of my friends put out corn and to tell you the truth, they don't really do any better than I do. The way I see it, I can hunt the way I want to hunt and they can hunt the way they want to. Who am I to judge another man on how they choose to take their game?... Truthfully if we all wanted to be "true hunters", we'd put down these 300 fps bows and carve one from oak and sharpen sticks. I certainly wouldn't do it because I enjoy the perks of modern technology when I'm at the field. Someone looking for more of a challenge may opt to go the other route. The same principle applies with baiting IMO. How much of a challenge do you want?