HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Luminok????
Thread: Luminok????
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:03 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I've used Luminocks and Tracers and I don't care for either. The luminocks add too much weight to the rear of the arrow and actually cause your arrow to hit high. as much as 7"at 30 yds for my set up. The tracers were a pain as they needed a magnet to turn on and off and were also heavy.
My solution came about this year with the Nocturnal. This nock only weighs 20 grs (that's only 7 gr over a std nock). I shot them on a 3d course last weekend side by side with my regular nocked arrows and could find no difference out to 40 yds. There were no failures to light and were highly visible (green).
All this being said, the nock will help you see your arrow hit but it will not help you kill the animal. There is nothing that will replace a well placed broadhead in the vitals for a quick humane kill.
I as well switched from Luminocks to NocTurnals and love them.

Crazinjun, are you speaking of the 2 metal wires on the sides that need to be compressed to light up or what? Most of the ones I shot and still have if bought correctly just might need a tad of shaving to fit but are mostly tight if installed correctly and installed in the correct shaft. I just went to the NocTurnals because a buddy at the bow shop gave me a 1/2dz as well as some Mathews Grim Reapers for helping him out with some work he needed done.

Last edited by SecondChance; 09-03-2012 at 06:10 PM.