HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights
Old 08-24-2012, 12:43 PM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AquamanPSD
First off I am salaried so I do work over 40 hours a week, I don't get overtime, and I have worked since I was in the eighth grade and never made anything close to minimum wage.

I am not disagreeing with you. Unions did some great things for this country and they are a necessary to keep the power equally split between labor and managment. but just like affirmative action it's gone too far. 100 years ago they had a reason to constantly be unhappy with how much they worked, how hard they worked, and how little they were getting paid but they don't have that argument anymore. That is why even though I may not like unions in this day and age I still respect their heritage.
Just because you are a salaried payed employee, it doesnt always mean that you are not entitled to overtime. I would really suggest looking into that if I was you. Really, I would talk to a lawyer about it.
You may have never had to work for minimum wage, niether have I, but unfortunately there are many people that have. If the Republicans had there way there would be alot more working for it.

Last edited by fritz1; 08-24-2012 at 01:25 PM.