HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me with a decision
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

In the last year i have purchase 2 Omega on clearance at reduced prices. Too bad you didn't purchase either of these rifle; they are really really fine. Both are super accurate, and good to 300 yard. Just now i looked around the net, and couldn't find a good buy on any Omega. I will not part with any of my Omega, but i do have a Triumph listed in the classified that may be a good buy for you. There is also a couple of Accura listed that may be a good buy for you. All three of these rifle are in excellent condition.

If it were me, i would suck it up, and pay the price for this X7, however, it is a lot of money. Mine have excellent trigger, shoot straight, carry nicely, etc. Wood stock is a plus to me; i like the way it feels.

TC rifle have steel sling swivel; some others have plastic swivel cast as part of the stock. TC rifle have crisp breaking trigger without creep. Whenever, i am shooting the TC rifle; just after it fires i have zero thoughts about what happened at the instant of ignition i.e. i have no recall of the trigger.

Of the two choices you asked about, i cannot comment on the Traditions; i have never held one. I do own 3 Accura. One, is worn out; one has never been fired. All 3 Accura have some creep in the trigger, which isn't bad, but it is there. After pulling the trigger on the Accura, i remember squeezing the trigger through the creep. They are decent rifle, but...............