Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Help me with a decision >

Help me with a decision

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help me with a decision

Old 08-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by dt34715
What would you keep the omega's over the Triumph. "just curious"
I am not answering for Ron, but for myself, I would always take a Omega over a Triumph and I have both. BUT, not the X7, Full size stainless is my choice.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dt34715
What would you keep the omega's over the Triumph. "just curious"
Myself, i much prefer a wood stock. Also, i would rather have a one piece stock than a break action stock. The Omega feels good in my hands.

To me the Triumph breech plug is funky, what with them compression rings that i try to damage, and the o ring. I have installed it without a tool before. I have removed it without a tool before. However most of the time i have to use a tool to install and remove the breech plug. If a scope is mounted the tool furnished by TC cannot be used to install the breech plug; i had to fabricate a tool for to install the breech plug.

The comb of the Triumph stock is two high for my face. If it were not for this, i would probably keep the Triumph. When i shoot the Triumph, it raises a swelling in my cheek low down by my ear. Seems there may be some sort of gland right there, that the rifle smacks when i fire it. Last time i shot it, i shot it 3 or 4 days in a row, and my jaw got swollen, and then liquid leaked out of the swell, and later blood leaked out. It is best i don't shoot it any more.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
It seems like TC owners are the only ones who say the Accura has a bad trigger...................
It seems you missed the post by your pard just 3 before yours, where he provides a fix for the V2 trigger.

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Accura V2.

Buy a can of birchwood casey Gun scrubber and Barricade to blast the nasty grease out of the trigger Assy.
It is implicit, the V2 trigger needs help.

Myself, i own 3 CVA, 3 Knight, and some TC. Does this qualify me as a TC owner? Is your pard a TC owner?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not for 3-4 days in a row anyway.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
It seems you missed the post by your pard just 3 before yours, where he provides a fix for the V2 trigger.

It is implicit, the V2 trigger needs help.

Myself, i own 3 CVA, 3 Knight, and some TC. Does this qualify me as a TC owner? Is your pard a TC owner?
I never considered cleaning as a fix. It's something everybody should do. Especially, the ones complaining about the trigger.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok Gentlemen - I don't want this to become an argument between members of CVA vs T/C. I did a bit more research and the T/C Triumph does have some merit. So...... based on expierience and not opinion, can some give their comments - pluses and minuses of either of these 2. For now we will forget the Vortec.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself, i have both the CVA v2, and the Triumph, and have shot them both.

I much prefer the CVA breech plug to the Triumph breech plug. It is truly a plug that requires no tool to remove or install. However, one has to purchase an additional plug, or modify the included, if one wants total reliability igniting BH.

The Triumph has a better trigger, i believe.

The Triumph is accurate. The v2 is accurate.

The v2 is stainless, the Triumph has no stainless option?

The Triumph has steel sling swivel studs, not plastic rings cast into the plastic stock.

The Triumph feels real good in my hands when carried whilst hunting, the v2 feels kinda awkward, but the way it feels does kinda grow on one.

If the Triumph didn't slap me in the face, it would be my choice, but it does, so my choice is the Omega.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 PM
1874sharpsshooter

I had an Accura and still have a Triumph. The Triumph just felt better and shot better. I traded the Accura to someone on here. The triumph is a good gun that has taken 2 deer at over 200 yards. I can't give a good reason other than it handles good . I haven't shot it in 3 years now though, I been using my Knights. I have 2 omegas and I would choose them for open sights over the Triumph but would choose the Triumph for a scoped muzzy over my Omega
. Just me of course

Old 08-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Typical Buck

I would pick the Triumph to me its the best gun sold for the money. But having said that a friend of mine bought aV 2 put 2 white hots and a pb platinum and at 100 yards shot great. So either one is a great choice.