HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who'd here pay it....
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 03:08 PM
MO-KS_hunter
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pheasantHUNTER121
I'm from the same area, and have hunted alot of the public land around you. If I were you, I'd try hitting those public land spots when your short on time and get out to Missouri when you've got the whole weekend. If your trophy hunting then thats a different story, Ive only seen a couple real nice bucks in that area.

Another thing to think about, is if you have your Bowhunters certificate apply for access at shawnee mission park. I never did, but Ive seen some nice ones out at the bow range!! lol

Really the worst walk-in hunting is clustered around the big cities. If you get a chance, and venture out west too! theres some exceptional hunting, even mulies!

That being said, if your in it for the meat and not looking for a giant. Ive had real good luck out at hillsdale and clinton.
Thanks Pheasant hunter, I'd considered looking into getting a bowhunting certificate to hunt in Shawnee Mission Park, or around it, but never got serious about it. The other night I was out at the archery range out at SMP and I had a HUGE 10 pointer walk up within 60 yards of me, they surely have some giants out there. I was thinking of hunting some of the walk-in land up by Seneca KS up by the Nebraska border, I've seen some really big deer up there. In any case I may look into that bow hunter certificate a little harder this year, do you have any detailed info about it?