Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Who'd here pay it.... >

Who'd here pay it....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who'd here pay it....

Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Vulture6
Look at it this way, if you hunt 10 times, that's $22.50 a hunt (plus gas) - I'm sure if you looked you could carve that much out of your budget between now and the end of the season. Go for it.

Looking at a map I'm guessing that you're going to be travelling about 400 miles round trip. If your vehicle gets 20mpg, you'll need 20 gallons of gas. At $3.50 a gallon that's $70 per trip in gas, or ten trips for $700. Add a license and if you're like me there will probably be a stop for fast food at least half the trips, the expenses can easily top $1000. If you're worried about the $225, make sure that you can afford the total cost.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted Clinton in college when I was at KU. Not a bad spot at all, never had a problem finding anywhere to hunt either. Plenty of spots and lots of deer. I only rifle hunted but upland game hunted 3x a week and never had any other trucks parked near me and hunted the woods a lot. I filled my doe tag pretty easily and saw some very good bucks, just not when deer hunting.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can pay without it taking away from your family, I would definitely pay it.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

I always try to think of the following....

If I have to tell my kids that we cannot afford it or cannot go there because we don't have the money. Then I surely can not look at myself in the mirror knowing that I just spent that money on something that was purely just about me!

Easy to say but that desire does not change!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

I would pay it, but then again I pay $1750 + about $200 in protein a year to hunt 6 hours from the house.

-john