HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who'd here pay it....
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 AM
MO-KS_hunter
Typical Buck

Lightbulb Who'd here pay it....

Hey everyone,
It's been a little while since I've posted but I'm back, at least for the fall . I'm in a little conundrum, I'm not sure what to concentrate on for this fall bow season. I just lost my local Gardner KS hunting hookup (20 minutes from my house), because the landowner just sold his house and land . In any case, KS has a pretty good walk-in program so I'm not totally hosed out in the sunflower state. My family also has around 1800 acres of land in NE Missouri up near Macon and I have exclusive access to a 160 acre plot (mixed woodland and corn) and an 80 acre plot of soybean. The trouble is, since I'm an out-of-state resident, I'd have to bite the bullet and pay the $225 bucks for a tag, even though my family owns the land , which leads to my question:
  • Would you all bite the bullet and pay the $225 if you had exclusive access to 240 acres that you know very well OR
  • Take the time to go scout on public land in an area that is known for having rather large deer.
Bear in mind, I work full time, my wifes a full-time graduate student and I have 3 young children so time/money is a limited commodity.

Thanks in advance for your posts!