HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I took my grandson fishing!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default I took my grandson fishing!

Hi all I took my 5 year old grandsom out fishing with me last Tuesday. We had a great time out and he caught all the fis while papa got skunked..LOL It was real hot and sunny when we started out for a few hours of fishing. After we boated down to where I wanted to take him clouds moved in. I looked up to the narrow part we came down threw and could barely see the shore it was raining so hard. So I asked him if he wanted to go to shore and wait it out. He said no papa the fish always bite in the rain you told me.. So we got coled off and I let him fish for a while.He caught a few yellow perch as well as a few smallmouths. Here is a couple of pics of a yellow perch and a smallmouth with him. He was disappointed he had to let them go though. That was the hardest part for me as well knowing he wanted to show off his fish..

I find it great to take young people fishing or hunting if they want to try it. Those young ones are the future of all our hunting and fishing.. Thanks for looking at this.. We also went to shore to have a lunch before heading home. Notice his spongebob pirate hat.. LOL ..He was a little pirate alright complete with rudolf slippers he wanted to wear....

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.