Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
I took my grandson fishing! >

I took my grandson fishing!

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I took my grandson fishing!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I took my grandson fishing!

Hi all I took my 5 year old grandsom out fishing with me last Tuesday. We had a great time out and he caught all the fis while papa got skunked..LOL It was real hot and sunny when we started out for a few hours of fishing. After we boated down to where I wanted to take him clouds moved in. I looked up to the narrow part we came down threw and could barely see the shore it was raining so hard. So I asked him if he wanted to go to shore and wait it out. He said no papa the fish always bite in the rain you told me.. So we got coled off and I let him fish for a while.He caught a few yellow perch as well as a few smallmouths. Here is a couple of pics of a yellow perch and a smallmouth with him. He was disappointed he had to let them go though. That was the hardest part for me as well knowing he wanted to show off his fish..

I find it great to take young people fishing or hunting if they want to try it. Those young ones are the future of all our hunting and fishing.. Thanks for looking at this.. We also went to shore to have a lunch before heading home. Notice his spongebob pirate hat.. LOL ..He was a little pirate alright complete with rudolf slippers he wanted to wear....

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice picture Phil. We will be taking care of a grand daughter and grand son for the weekend while their parents get some grown up time and will be going to the ocean on a mini VK. I will be taking the grand son out in my flat bottomed boat right off the dock just like we did last weekend. He caught loads of smallies and some perch using just a jig with a bit of worm. I row and he fishes. He is 6 so doesn't have the ability to stay out for long so I use the small boat off the dock rather than my fishing boat which is on a trailer.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, he does not like to sit that long unless he is catching a fish and then it is a big shout excitedly papa I caught another one.. It sure is a lot of fun taking the little ones out.. I am glad to hear you do as well. You just see so many staying home while everyone else goes out.

This is a new bridge that they had started last spring. They finally have it completed and we went down under it.. The old bridge was to low and the rubber gaskets kept blowing out of it when the big trucks went over it.

one the way down we had plenty of things to see.. Such as these geese and ducks..

To complete our trip we had the chance to see an American Bald Eagle flying by with a fish it had caught.. To me this is god's country and full of sights to see.. You just never know what you will see going on an outing in it!

We even got to see this Pileated Woodpecker beating on a dead pine tree while having our lunch..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-17-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Excellent Phil, Thanks for sharing partner...
Old 08-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Chuck! It has been great enjoying some time out there with my grandson.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats a million dollar smile
Old 08-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I took my 6 year old grandson Joe out in my flat bottom boat right off the dock. He caught several perch, sunnies and about 2 dozen small mouth bass all by himself. I rowed and he fished. Most of the bass were 15" but he did catch 4 that were 18" and one lunker that was better than 19" and about 4.5 pounds. Sorry about the thumbnails but I am having trouble uploading to photobucket. He doesn't like to hold the fish so I had to tie them up and then release so I could get his picture.

Attached Thumbnails I took my grandson fishing!-hni-stuff-003.jpg   I took my grandson fishing!-hni-stuff-006.jpg   I took my grandson fishing!-hni-stuff-009.jpg   I took my grandson fishing!-hni-stuff-015.jpg   I took my grandson fishing!-hni-stuff-017.jpg  

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 08-19-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is awesome C.I.! Thanks for sharing! You have to love it when you see the excitement on thier faces when ever they get a bite!!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool guys!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice CI ..beautiful color in those northern sunnies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.