HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Palmetto pics, new toy received
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 AM
wildeboer
Fork Horn

The scope is a little high, he didn't want to remove the open sights and needed to mount it over the rear-sight. I will change it though in the future.

We dont have pellets in South Africa, we only have Sannadex-powder and now "Buschalk"(useless). Real blackpowder is quite scarce and pricey if you find it
My usual loads are around 75-90gr Sannadex by voulme, which is less powerfull as the real Blackpowder, around 10-12%.
I'm gonna test both the no11caps and musket-caps and see what works the best, I received 300 musket-caps with the rifle but I do have a few packs of no11 caps, standard and magnums.

I received a few loose 370gr Maxi's(maxi-ball as you know them) and 395gr Bushvelder(local brand). I dont like the heavy bullets and will try Harvester sabots with 230gr XTP hollow-points, a liitle flatter trajectory but with enough KE to put meduim-sized game down. The powerbelts/sabots didn't materialize in the parcel, but I'm not gonna bother him about it. The rifle and extras was allready a bargain.

Thanks for the advice and interest