HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
shooter50
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
You say your not a bumbass and then you say that deer know that they are being hunted...do deer also know it's Sunday...????....if a deer knows it's being hunted then why would any deer even move during legal hunting hours....????....do the deer you hunt also know when hunting season starts and ends...???...sorry but I just had to ask these STUPID questions....because I never knew anybody that could tell me what a deer knows......

Ok let me rephrase it a little different. Deer know of mans presence in the woods....there home. Whether we (hunters) are in the woods or not. Just because we are not on stand spooking the deer or jumping them on the way to a stand we are leaving something behind....tobacco spit...sweat....something. That is why deer are less spooked at season start. So in a sense they know that humans are invading there home. Do deer know why? Hell no its a deer. But I do believe a deer knows when the season starts and ends because of the extra human traffic in the woods. Do they know its a hunting season.....no.....but they do know we are there and it has to put more pressure on them.