Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Hunters Against .... Hunting?  Petersens Article >

Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article

Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
  #21  
Typical Buck
 
vapahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Midlo, Va
Posts: 556
Default

Originally Posted by shooter50 View Post
For me hunting is work....hard work. And I like my Sundays off. I hunt everyday day I have off rain or shine, so I enjoy a reason (no hunting on Sunday) to take a break. I would rather be on the couch drinking beer and watching a ball game on a Sunday. But to each his own. I originally posted on this thread my opinion coming from a man who enjoys my 2 Sundays a month I have off at home relaxing BUT I do understand that are a lot of people that can benefit from being allowed to hunt on a Sunday. Hell I have family and friends. I see both sides I guess I should have worded it a little different. I don't like the idea for various reasons, but I can see the benefit for allowing it. Honestly it's gonna just lead to more "hard work" for me
I notice you use the word "I" alot. And I do not fault you for that but it is just funny that you want to restrict all other hunters in Virginia from hunting on Sunday because of what YOU feel and want. Why do you not see that many other hunters have different situations and would like to be able to have the CHOICE to hunt on Sunday's. What of the person whose job requires him to work 6 days a week? What of the father with several young children who have activities on Saturdays and works a full or two jobs to keep them in a house and clothes and food? What of all those who benefit from the Hunter for Hungary program? Virginia is the top state for donations to that program.

What happened to freedom to choose which activity to participate in 7 days a week? You see you are deciding for the other 180,000+ hunters just because you cannot see why there is a desire to hunt on Sunday. Did you know that more than just preserves are allowed to hunt on Sundays? I think if you researched the subject you would find the truth to this subject. Specialized hunting is already allowed on Sunday so why is the general normal hunter not allowed to hunt? Can you provide a legitimate answer to that question?
vapahunter is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 05:05 PM
  #22  
Fork Horn
 
shooter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by vapahunter View Post
I notice you use the word "I" alot. And I do not fault you for that but it is just funny that you want to restrict all other hunters in Virginia from hunting on Sunday because of what YOU feel and want. Why do you not see that many other hunters have different situations and would like to be able to have the CHOICE to hunt on Sunday's. What of the person whose job requires him to work 6 days a week? What of the father with several young children who have activities on Saturdays and works a full or two jobs to keep them in a house and clothes and food? What of all those who benefit from the Hunter for Hungary program? Virginia is the top state for donations to that program.

What happened to freedom to choose which activity to participate in 7 days a week? You see you are deciding for the other 180,000+ hunters just because you cannot see why there is a desire to hunt on Sunday. Did you know that more than just preserves are allowed to hunt on Sundays? I think if you researched the subject you would find the truth to this subject. Specialized hunting is already allowed on Sunday so why is the general normal hunter not allowed to hunt? Can you provide a legitimate answer to that question?

No I cannot give you a legitimate answer why hunting is allowed on hunting reserves and other specialized hunting on Sundays nor do I care. I do not participate in any Sunday hunting. Before this thread I thought all hunting was illegal on Sundays. Now If you would read my previous post I said I prefer no hunting on Sundays but I do understand how it can benefit other people. But what I look at is my hunting situation where I live and Sunday hunting would not be a good thing. It is hard enough to see a deer and killing one is a different story (small peice of private land adjacent to public land). There just aren't enough deer to support 7 days a week. I knew I was gonna start a [email protected]#t storm with my reply to this thread, but it is just my opinion. I do not make the rules the state does. If they allow Sunday hunting next season that will be great and I will be hunting Sundays to. Also I am not making the decisions for the other 180k hunters in the state because I guarantee I am not the only person who believes 6 days a week is enough. It is my opinion just as your response to me was your opinion. We all have one.

Last edited by shooter50; 07-29-2012 at 05:20 AM.
shooter50 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Originally Posted by shooter50 View Post
No I cannot give you a legitimate answer why hunting is allowed on hunting reserves and other specialized hunting on Sundays nor do I care. I do not participate in any Sunday hunting. Before this thread I thought all hunting was illegal on Sundays. Now If you would read my previous post I said I prefer no hunting on Sundays but I do understand how it can benefit other people. But what I look at is my hunting situation where I live and Sunday hunting would not be a good thing. It is hard enough to see a deer and killing one is a different story (small peice of private land adjacent to public land). There just aren't enough deer to support 7 days a week. I knew I was gonna start a [email protected]#t storm with my reply to this thread, but it is just my opinion. I do not make the rules the state does. If they allow Sunday hunting next season that will be great and I will be hunting Sundays to. Also I am not making the decisions for the other 180k hunters in the state because I guarantee I am not the only person who believes 6 days a week is enough. It is my opinion just as your response to me was your opinion. We all have one.
You are entitled to your own opinion but the wildlife biologists with the VDGIF don't seem to agree. They support LIFTING the ban on Sunday hunting and say there is no biological reason to continue it. Apparently VA's wildlife population can handle it.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 07-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
VAhuntr is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
  #24  
Fork Horn
 
shooter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by VAhuntr View Post
You are entitled to your own opinion but the wildlife biologists with the VDGIF don't seem to agree. They support LIFTING the ban on Sunday hunting and say there is no biological reason to continue it. Apparently VA's wildlife population can handle it.

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/billcochran/wb/290687

I hunt the western part of Augusta county which borders both counties covered in this article. Some of VA's wildlife population can handle it. But Bath, Highland, and Augusta counties can not.
shooter50 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
  #25  
Fork Horn
 
Vulture6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 216
Default

You know, if the issue is giving the deer a day off, then why not ban hunting on Monday's or Tuesday's?

Yeah, pretty absurd when you put it like that.

It should be regulated county by county, in my opinion.
Vulture6 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  #26  
Typical Buck
 
vapahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Midlo, Va
Posts: 556
Default

"No I cannot give you a legitimate answer why hunting is allowed on hunting reserves and other specialized hunting on Sundays nor do I care"

It seems that this statement really goes to show your level of knowledge of the issue and it does not seem to matter to you. Yet this is an issue that affects ALL hunters in Va. It is coming to a point where not knowing is going to cause a problem when it comes to a time when you need to take a stance. By not being informed on the issue and hidding on your own private hunting area you fail to gain the knowledge to participate fully in a sport you seem to enjoy. You see many hunters in this state do care and care alot about their rights under the law. They are making INFORMED decisions by going out and finding the facts and fallacies being presented on this issue and doing what they can to lift this Sunday Hunting ban so you can say "If they allow Sunday hunting next season that will be great and I will be hunting Sundays to" you will then benefit from all the hard work and effort done by otheres. Why not join in the effort so when it is lifted you will know that you had a small part in allowing all the hunters of this state to utilize the right to hunt given to them by state law. Instead of ignoring it and letting others do the work for you. We need all we can get inthis cause.
vapahunter is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 PM
  #27  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Originally Posted by shooter50 View Post
http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/billcochran/wb/290687

I hunt the western part of Augusta county which borders both counties covered in this article. Some of VA's wildlife population can handle it. But Bath, Highland, and Augusta counties can not.
Still does not change the fact that VDGIF wildlife biologist's support lifting the ban on Sunday hunting in VA statewide.
VAhuntr is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.