HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - iowa hunting
Thread: iowa hunting
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
I'm from Iowa, I don't know much about the eastern part of the state but I'm going to the University of Iowa next year and have been looking at trying the hawkeye wildlife management area near Oxford, Iowa. Just an idea for you. I won't be hunting it for a couple of years still because I can bring my bow to my dorm but let me know if you try it.
Did you mean "Can" or "Can't" because most universities have ways that you can still hunt even if you live in the dorms. When I lived in the Dorms at Southern Illinois I was worried I wouldn't be able to hunt since I know they wouldn't let me keep my gun in the dorm. I called the Campus police and sure enough at the campus police department they have a student firearm lock up where they assign you a locker to put your bow/firearm in and you can access the locker whenever you want. Most schools in the midwest have this so I'd give the campus police department a call and they should at least point you in the direction of how to store your weapon while your at school. Just don't skip too many classes when it's perfect hunting weather!