HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - White Lightning @ the Farm - Velocities
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default White Lightning @ the Farm - Velocities

It was agreat morning here to get a shoot in... cooler and cloudy as it rained like heck here last night.

I have been itching to check the velocity on the sabotless bullets I am shooting from the Lighning. Plus some velocity thoughts had risen about how much powder I might be burning.

I have pretty much settled on 110 grains of T7-3f as my powder load, and I could see no visable signs that I was not burning the powder, the chrono would tell me for sure. The Lightnng is a stubby 22" barrel, so I really wanted to find out myself.

Here are the results of this mornings testing...

I still hate slide and glide sights, but you can see I made a slight windage adjustment after the first few shots. It made me feel a little bit better even though accuracy was not the concern of the moment. I was loading and shooting one shot after another, until Tom walked over and we started talking.

The other part of the mission this morning was to check the condition of the breech area after shooting. It actually surprised me that it remained as clean as it did.