HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One pin for any distance?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 AM
blakefrautschi
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
unless the deer is walking towards or away from you. then you have to keep figiting with your sight or "guess" by holding over or under. imo adjustable sights have no place in hunting...they require more movement and more moving parts that can go wrong. if you want to spend twice as much on one and chance your hunt, go right ahead, i'll stick to my dependable, tried and true fixed pins. i know once i draw, there is no need to let my string down to adjust my sight on a walking deer or "guessing" by holding over or under. good luck with your purchase.
.... guessing yardage is part of the game, whether it be multi-pin or single. You set it at 25, the deer is walking away and you "guess the shot at 30, you aim slightly high, you would do the exact same with multipins. The whole "guessing" point is irrelevant.
I can also tell you that if your scare a deer away while moving the pin up or down to adjust for a shot, that you need some serious practice. It takes one finger to move a pin up or down.

Also, saying that the only reason they're popular is because people on TV shows use them is ludicrous. I use it, because for me, it's the most accurate, easy to use sight that i've found.

also you get a better view of the target with just one pin, instead of having 3, 5 or more pins in the way of what you're shooting at.

Use what you want to use, but don't say that something has no place in hunting, you can ask the two pope and youngs i got last year if single pin movable sights don't work well for hunting....