HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you prepare for the season?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Poppy127
Spike

Question How do you prepare for the season?

Hello! I'm a brand new female archer, light build, shooting a Diamond Razor Edge at about 45lbs draw weight without a trigger. I've only been shooting for about six months now, and my skill set rests where I can land bulls from 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70ft, but not consistently enough at the long distances that I'd be comfortable hunting, not anywhere close. At 70 I'm still shooting about 1 bullseye for every fifteen, twenty arrows shot and I'd like to get my ratio at 1 in 3 at the very least before I actually go hunting. I don't expect to be out until the 2013 season, but I'm practicing as often as I can until then.

Anyways, my question for all of you is how do you prepare yourself for a hunting season? Any tricks of the trade I should focus on, nitty-gritty things I make sure I cover, techniques or routines that have worked well for you? I only have a peep sight now but I've got my eye on a nice 5-pin sight, so tips for both would be outstanding. I'm just working with a box target, no funds for a model one.

Sorry if that's still a bit vague, but any help at all would be fantastic! Thanks in advance (:

-Poppy