HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best bait caster
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
buckhunter14
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Ok guys, I honestly don't need another rod or reel..I'm very content and happy..However, my birthday is Sat. And Matt insist that I go to Bass Pro and get any rod I want including the near 400.00 GLoomis....

We went 2 Sats ago when I returned my fiberglass mount..I liked the feel of 2 different rods..the ST.Croix 180.00 model and the GLoomis..379.00 model.

I wished he wouldn't..I'm partial to the 7 foot MH Fenwicks which to my knowledge can be only found on eBay..they have one for 89.00 with free shipping..

summary..apart from price would you urather have a ST Croix or GLoomis? If money was no issue..
And why?
Thanks c7

Personally I think the Croix looks nicer..

I can't say from personal experience, due to the fact that I have never owned a GLoomis of Loomis Series rod. I have sold several and fished a few of my friends and they are very light rods. The quality is there in both rods, and I would imagine both have exceptional warranties.

I can personally say I have owned and fished a number of St. Croix rods and think they have good sensitivitiy and are mostly light-weight rods. Depending on the model, it should have the lightness and backbone you would be looking for at a somewhat reasonable price. St. Croix customer service has treated me well in the past so that is another bonus from my standpoint.

All in all, if price is no issue, I would choose Loomis because of the name, lightness of rod, and simply because I do not own any.