HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with Fletchings Hitting Far Right of Field Tips (W/ Pics)
Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default Help with Fletchings Hitting Far Right of Field Tips (W/ Pics)

Hey Everyone, I was hoping I could get some help with some probelms I am having with my bow. I purchased a Mathews Drenalin from my buddy last year. Its a 30" Draw and 66 pounds draw weight. I've had my draw length measure many times and always at 30" (I'm 6'6") and the draw weight is more than light enough for me.

Well, thats the background on the bow, here is the background of shooting with the bow. I've always had the inclination that my arrows were coming out crooked from the bow, especailly after I had to move my pins 6 inches right at 20 yards when I put on my Slick Trick Broadheads last year. Well, the other day I finally had time to paper tune my bow and was almost disgusted to what I found. My Field tips were entering the paper about 2 inches to the left of the fletchings (See Pics). Now, I thought that moving my rest left and right would help but no matter how far I moved the rest either way, the arrow still paper tested the same way. I even tried shooting 2 to 15 yards from the paper and the paper was about 6 feet from my target. I really don't know what the problem is. I shoot a drop away rest and have some suspision that the rest is toucing the 2 inch blazer veins I have on (had a little black rubbing on one of the veins on my arrows). I don't think the rest is dropping slow but not sure. My Mathews archery shop told me last year that when I suspected my arrows weren't flying straight he told me not to worry, which I was not very happy with.

Anybody have any thoughts on what would be causing this or anything that I can do to fix it. I live in Downtown Chicago and I'm already not happy with my Mathews guy so any help would be appreciated. I'll put some pictures below so you can see the paper, arrows and Bow. Thanks everyone, I appreciate you the time to help.