HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pattern / # of hits question....
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

Well I bout got it... but ran out of shells again.... I have it where Im getting at least 30 hits in the neck and head!!!! But the bulk of my pattern is still hitting to the left. This is at 40 yards. One more box and ill have it patterned so well the turkey will not have a head left. BTW - this is with all lead $9.99 turkey nitro loads.... They pattern 100 times better than the $20 a box loads. Thank you all for your help. By the end of today I will have my gun finished and WILL NOT EVEN PICK IT UP before opening day. PERIOD

P.S. - I WILL POSTING SOME PATTERN PICS LATER TODAY!. I agree with the points of an ethical shot 100%. That is why I am still working on this pattern. I feel $50-$74 worth of shells is a small price to pay for the piece of mind knowing that turkey's head is going to be F-ING GONE after I pull the trigger.... I doubt there will be much neck left to step on. I would say close to 300 pellets are hitting my 24x24 inch paper. WHen Im done I figure I should have 200-250 pellets in the 10 inch circle with at least 50-60 in the neck, head, & spine ares. Like I wa saying... I have at minimum of 30 hits in this area already. It's been an experience just getting set up and I love it. I was concern about cost at first since I am disabled with hardly any income, but Ive spent so much already, there is no turning back now. Definately cost at multiple times over as much as deer hunting costs....lol Thank you so much guys & gals..... love you people & the sight.

Last edited by Buckhunter46755; 03-21-2012 at 07:26 AM.