HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Think I fixed my jig problem.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

thanks Buck,
You may have a point...I would be considered a finesse fishermen...3/16th ounce jigs, 7 inch Trick worms and Rooster Tails..and last month I said the secret is using a medium rod instead of a MHeavy...
I have run into a small problem..when I chuck my jig 7 foot into the twisted up cat tails..I know longer want the fish to run ..I must pull him out / get her up quickly so I opted for a 7 foot MH and 40 pound....I still get bites..especially with the green pumpkin colors in 3/16...the heavier the jig the fewer bites I get..just a fact..I find blue/black is an Awesome color in low lighting...anyways..I really don't cross their eyes but I do give the same set army worm rod..and I' about 80 per cent ratio to boat fishing that..

Josh..with those cheap 3/16 ounce Strike King jigs..I don't see any bending either way of a weed guard...I did notice a much skinnier hook.

Summary..I will try Bucks idea with a lighter rod..I still will use a bait aster but on a 7 foot medium which has a lot more flexibility..

Thanks young men for your input..

PS. Another issue with the 3/16th..there is not much of a weed guard anyways..you get hung up a lot..However,,the fish love this size jig..(note..after catching the ten..I feel like a monkey has been lifted off my back..I'm holding back no secrets (-; ). Also guys...I use 4mm glass worm rattles in every BLACK Trick worm..they really do generate strikes.Thry are About 20.00 for 100,

God bless you all,
Chuck

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-16-2012 at 12:37 AM.