Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Think I fixed my jig problem. >

Think I fixed my jig problem.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Think I fixed my jig problem.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Are you talking bass here Phil?

Sounds like you are taking this year seriously..Shiners ain't cheap..lol but the best bass bait there is..remember..if you can beat Buck you get a Bass pro gift card from C7 (-;

Buck's not easy..he's got a real good honey hole with a few 6 to 7s in it..I hope you get a Hawg...
Old 03-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nah Chuck, I was talking lakers.. Big mean lake trout and I lost a brute today bringing it up from 50 feet of water..3 other people were fishing near by and never got even a strike. They all came over to see what the heck I was using for bait as well as what lure was on my jig stick. I brought up 2 smaller ones and they were still pretty good size.. ( 20 and 22 inches nice and fat..) They were surprised that they were favoring those big shiners over some live suckers.. Today was my last day of ice fishing as the shore line is getting way to soft with temps running around 55 the past few days.. It is suposed to be in the 70 degree range this coming week.. So now I will pack my sNow sled away for another year and get the boat ready for ice out..

For as far as bass and Buck, I will see what I can do... LOL.. It just may be getting good around the end of May or when I limit out on wild turkeys if I can.. Only need to get 2 of those to limit out..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-18-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

We are allowed 4 turkeys but I would be thrilled to get one..We have the samaller Osceola turkeys..an 18 pound bird is a torphy here..
Old 03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

18lbs.. Is still a pretty decent bird IMO anyways. My biggest bird last year was 18 and 1/2 lbs.. My other one was a bearded jake I shot during the last week of our season.. The year before nothing for a spring hunt as the birds were already done breeding by the time our season opened up..This year may very well be like that with all our warm weather we have been getting..