HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off Topic, Walleye Fishing
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Default Off Topic, Walleye Fishing

Well Lake Erie never froze over this winter, My Buddy called and our Walley Team Greg, Mike and Paulie want me to get my waders out and go and try for some walleys befor the season closes on the 15th of this month.
Were gonna wade out and cast some stick baits. There's usually Ice on the Lake now and the Walley start to Spwan by the middle of March, but with no ice and all the walleye close to shore were gonna give it a try. Cant wait untill mid june when we have our first Tournament.
Coyote Season also ends on the 15, we got a few this year but with no snow it was real tough this winter. I've never seen a winter like this ever! This comming week starting tomorrow temps are going to be in the mid 50's and low 60's all week with w early Spring predicted.
Another Weird thing, a bunch of deer were accross the street in my field the other day, 34 in all, there were 5 bucks in with them and ALL of them had there Racks still, they usually shed them by now, much be the Mild Winter as the Bucks did'nt have any stress on them with all the Browse. One good thing is there was a Huge 10 Point in with them, about a 160 class buck, one that I saw last summer but never showed this hunting season, I thought he was killed but the smart Ol Guy musta had a good hiding place.
(BP)