HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help Kansas get the use of tracking dogs for recovering game legalized
Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
DocD
Fork Horn

Ken, I do have a life, & if you knew just what kind, you might well be quite envious. I have hunted some pretty rugged areas and have never needed a dog. I haven't hunted Kansas but I have hunted Neb, Colo. and can't see any reason for a dog. Maybe in the swamps of La. or Fl, BUT Kansas!!! come on. (who needs a life???)

Do you think for a minute that people are not going to take a law like that and use it to run deer. of course they are, deer have enough of a problem running from coyotes & wolves they don't need the dogs too.
people who can't hunt are always looking for an edge. most places I hunt if a dog is seen running deer the hunter is encouraged to put the dog down.

If a person can't track a deer maybe they should get a new hobby. I know it is legal in some states, but that doesn't make it right. people who are uncomfortable in the woods can alway go to a game farm or take a fenced hunt. I just can't go with dogs running deer, I prefer baiting to running deer dogs. I would encourage all the members from Kansas to write or log in and strongly oppose this. It is not in your best interest. (jmop) Doc

Last edited by DocD; 02-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.