HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help Kansas get the use of tracking dogs for recovering game legalized
Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 AM
wildlands
Fork Horn

Doc get a life, go back to a home made bow and arrow and stop using all modern equipment if that is how you feel. Tracking dogs are just another tool in a hunters arsenal that they can use to recover game. I track for other hunters and have done so for 9 years now. I can tell you that there have been plenty of deer that would not have been recovered with out the use of a tracking dog. Here in the south the temps during bow season can be very warm. The difference in a few hrs can make the difference if the meat is good or bad. I have also tracked out to 36 hrs just so the the hunter who had spent many hrs already on his hands and knees looking could get closer on his hunt. I have also track for people who were color blind. It is a proven technique for recovering game that can not be located by eye tracking. Rouffly half the states now allow tracking dogs in one fashion or another with other majior problems.

Ken