HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Temptations
Thread: Temptations
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

I understand how you feel because I have been SO VERY TEMPTED to get that stainless steel model. I have talked to a couple of Electra owners. All they talk about is the outstanding accuracy, easy to clean, and how well it works. And with loose powder, the ignition they have claimed is perfect. The trigger is a switch, and they reported are excellent to shoot. The thing that keeps me from purchasing another rifle is.. I have too many rifles now. I have sold a few, and even gave some away to family. But its become almost an obsession with me. And also, in seven years, CVA will no longer carry parts for the rifle (so I was told). That mean if the electronic ignition goes out.. you have a rifle that can not fire.

Honestly, the ones I talked to purchased the cheaper model. And looking at some of their range targets... that Bergara barrel really must be a good barrel. Also if you think.. for that price, what do I really have invested in the rifle? Not a whole lot. It would be fun to shoot on the target range, but no legal in muzzleloader season here in Wisconsin. And I hate to admit it, I am still tempted to buy one, just to shoot.