HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions?
Thread: Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

I did. Nice! I am not computer savvy even though I sit behind one all day. I visit a lot of web sites throughout the course of business. I find the pop ups and buttons from some sites better than others. From what I can tell, you have a great start. My only suggestion is to visit as many other sites as you can to get ideas. Put your own spin on anything you implement to avoid plagiarism or copyright infringement.

Your thread title led me to believe it was going to be another thread about which climber, how high do you hunt?, what vane color, does my butt look big or some other beat to death who gives a sh1t subject.

If I ever make time, I'll include some of my best trail camera pics. Seems as though you are young. When I was younger and deep into hunting, I started a journal that included the details to every hunt including date, time, weather, what I saw, where it came from, stand location, etc. I had a map of the property I hunted. I put the information in an excel spreadsheet with the thought that I would be able to sort it by stand, wind, time of day, whatever in order to develop patterns. This was way before trail cams and some of the other fancy gadgets available nowadays. Plus, I was a state worker with all of the free time on my hands that I needed. Maybe you could add something of that nature to your site. All I want is 1/2 the credit.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Do you mind telling how much something like this costs? A website that is.