Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinions?

Old 01-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Spike

Default Opinions?

I shared this post on realtree forums as well, as I am also a regular over there. I don't post a whole lot over here but do follow the forums. Anyway I figured with things slowing down I'd ask for some opinions on a hobby of mine. I recently started a website and was wondering what you guys think about it. It'd also be cool to get some of your photos and stories on there as well. The site was made for fun and a place where I could share my hunting and fishing photos. Also I want others to share their photos to make it more interesting. Check it out and please let me know what you think and maybe share some photos for the site!

www.4-0productions.com
Old 01-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Spike

anyone get to look yet? I'd like any suggestions you may have and photos and stories are of course very welcome.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did. Nice! I am not computer savvy even though I sit behind one all day. I visit a lot of web sites throughout the course of business. I find the pop ups and buttons from some sites better than others. From what I can tell, you have a great start. My only suggestion is to visit as many other sites as you can to get ideas. Put your own spin on anything you implement to avoid plagiarism or copyright infringement.

Your thread title led me to believe it was going to be another thread about which climber, how high do you hunt?, what vane color, does my butt look big or some other beat to death who gives a sh1t subject.

If I ever make time, I'll include some of my best trail camera pics. Seems as though you are young. When I was younger and deep into hunting, I started a journal that included the details to every hunt including date, time, weather, what I saw, where it came from, stand location, etc. I had a map of the property I hunted. I put the information in an excel spreadsheet with the thought that I would be able to sort it by stand, wind, time of day, whatever in order to develop patterns. This was way before trail cams and some of the other fancy gadgets available nowadays. Plus, I was a state worker with all of the free time on my hands that I needed. Maybe you could add something of that nature to your site. All I want is 1/2 the credit.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Do you mind telling how much something like this costs? A website that is.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Your thread title led me to believe it was going to be another thread about which climber, how high do you hunt?, what vane color, does my butt look big or some other beat to death who gives a sh1t subject.
I could see why you would think that! Yes I am fairly young, 21, and I have diddled with this kind of thing for awhile. I'm HUGE into my hunting and fishing and actually do keep track of every wind, temp, moon phase, and weather condition by day. When you use that with photos it goes a long way! I thank you very much for your taking the time to reply with some very insightful feedback, and would love to have you share more in the future.

As for cost of a website it's not too bad, domain names are around 10 bucks a year. Web hosting can be expensive if you have high dollar software that you create the page with and then send to a host. However, there is a lot of hosts these days that let you create directly from their interface saving a LOT of time and money. You can usually do that for about 60-100 bucks a year if you want to lose their advertisements.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Spike

I have a couple more stories submitted by folks for the website if ya wanna check em out. I would really love if some of ya guys had stories and pics of different animals than whitetails. Of course, I do love seeing a big whitetail! haha