HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Treestand
Thread: New Treestand
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Valentine
Nontypical Buck

Default Remember tree stands. . .

are not for everyone. And not every hunter is a highly skilled tree climber or can become one. And not everyone can do a pirouette on a small platform, twenty feet off the ground.

I have a climbing tree stand; avoided tree stands that are stationary in one place. Never had the skill to pick one place for much of a season, over all other choices.

I got use to heights, but I never stood on the edge of a roof. The roof yes, but not the edge.
I avoided the tree stand that was open like an open swimming diving board. People don't stand for long on a swimming diving board. I never wanted to constantly think everytime exactly where I was. I always had a metal guard, so I didn't take an unexpected swan dive.

When you climb up or down a tree stand, that should be the only task on your mind. And as I did, getting in non-hunting practice is good. Earlier I got some practice, cleaning out the rain gutters on the house. Without balance, a climbing ladder can kill or injure you real fast.
Non ladder climbers need not apply. One should learn ones skill level, and how quickly you can learn it. They don't do many recalls on swan dives.

Last edited by Valentine; 01-04-2012 at 10:18 AM.