HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornaday SST 300 grain
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Screwbolts
Fork Horn

Yes, I know this post isn't about just " Hornaday" products.

You can take a good look at the Harvester line of product from Graf and sons

As I read your post it seems that saving money and more trigger time is your goal.

Any of there selection of Hard cast w/ sabots will shoot great and give you complete pass threw. I personally have the same mold from LBT as the 330 grain package. I have shot the 280 gr. and they shoot great also. Look at the Scorpion line of bullets for real economy. less that $10 for 30c package, this would make a great trigger time projectile .

Grafs prices are good but if you buy in case lots and multiple case they will even get better. Call them for best pricing, 3 weekes ago we got 3 cases of HA5045SB for $3.55 a package of 50.

If you are set on using a bullet that some machine made, then why not buy XTPs in bulk packages and sabots in bulk. (the reference harvester will work great, or get CR if want easier loading) This is not a bullet that will turn heads at the bench, "you know, look at the fancy plastic tip type of bullet" but is a proven performer for those that don't cast their own.

I do not represent Graf and sons in any way, I just like their pricing best on some things I have to buy or choose to buy.