HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Investarms
Thread: Investarms
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Josmund
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jenks
Thanks, Cayugad. I emailed Interarm, gave them the serial number and ask them what the twist is on this gun. They said it was 48 inch. I have measured it several times with a cleaning rod full of patches and a yardstick and it seems to be a 60 twist. My method isn't totally accurate so maybe I am wrong. I did put a shot into an old oak block from about 50 feet. The 240 gr. conical penetrated just over an inch, the soft lead was over 3/4 inch wide and you could just see the ring of the back of the bullet, the rest was mushroom. I have not tried a patched ball yet, I understand that they load harder. The 240 gr Hornady loads easily so I will probably stick with it if it is accurate. I only shot appx. eight rounds to adjust the sights before black powder season, and did not go. It seemed to do OK at appx. 75 feet on a paper target. I was standing with a rest, so accuracy was more me moving then the gun being tested.

Jenks,

I've spent quite a bit of time messing around with my 1/48 TC Hawken. The two best I've found are a 370 Maxiball with 75 - 85 grains of Pyro RS or the PA Conical you're using with 75 of T7.

I've settled on the 240 PA and the 75 of T7 because it's very accurate and the Maxi kicks like a mule. I may use the Maxi to hunt with but not for much range work.