HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mountain Lion Attacks Mature 160 Class Mule Deer
Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
I was yote hunting when I was stationed at Ft Carson, CO one year and had one come in 40 yds behind me and circle to my front. I poped a couple rounds in the air and left the area thinking i was gonna be dinner. The scary thing about them is you never know their there until the severing your spinal cord from your brain.
6 years of hunting south central Co and the tracks are all over the place and I still haven't seen one. Thank Goodness they have plenty of deer and elk to eat. One evening after bagging my elk I was bored and figured I would just sit over a canyon to see if I could hear some bugling or see a few critters. Having tagged out I left the gun at the cabin and just had a knife on my belt. I sat there as the sun was getting lower on the horizon and heard some yotes light up on the other rim and then thought what if a lion came around. I decided that I would sooth my boredom back at the cabin. Lions have to be very stealthy since the tracks are there and we never see them. I don't even like house cats much less 150 pounds of death.