HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fired My New Black Diamond
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:54 AM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

Default Fired My New Black Diamond

On Thursday i went to Garvin county to stock our pond. Decided to sight in my Black Diamond: It had been laser bore sighted. First shot at 50 yards was 6" to the left of the 1.5" bull. Made some bold adjustments and fired another shot, This time the it was about 5" left of the bull. Made another adjustment and the shot landed 5" to the right of the bull.

Made some corrections, and hit the scope lightly a few times with my short starter. This round landed in the bull. Next shot was back 5" to the right of the bull. Repeated the scope adjustments: Each time the end result was the same. After a new scope adjustment the first bullet would be in a new location and the second back in the group 5" to the right of the bull. Ended up with a six shot group that measured about .5" that was centered 5" to the right of the bull.

Two of my centerfire guns wear this same Leupold FXII 4X32 scope. Never had any problems with those scopes. For sure something is wrong with this one. Will center the scope reticle, laser boresight the gun and try again. If that don't work the scope is going back to Leupold.

Rifle: TC Black Diamond
Powder: 100 grains of 3F Goex Pinnacle
Bullet: 240 grain .452 XTP magnum in long black sabot
Primer: Winchester shotgun