HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I missed a coyote tonight!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:56 AM
ADVWannabee
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
In all Seriousness I'd still Sell it weather it has a Curse on it or Not, if your Not Confident in it you'll never be. When I go Hunting I have a 1000% Confidence Level that when I Pull the Trigger and if Im on where I should be I'll make the Shot. The thing I worry about when I go Hunting is not making the Shot but Getting the Shot.
(BP)
This is exactly how I feel with my Browning BAR .30-06. I absolutely love that gun. I have hit deer and a coyote running, trotting, standing still, etc. I have a deal with that gun, I point Mr. Browning at a deer and he knocks them down. Like you said, I worry about getting the shot, not making it.

Now I am trying to get that confidence with my Knight Revolution blackpowder rifle. Got my 2nd deer with it this season and first since I scoped it. It shoots very well and will put shots touching at 100 yards. So I am gaining confidence in it.

But this was the first time out with the Encore. My wife has missed two deer, but she is a new hunter and is rushing the shot. I will give the Encore a little more time as I am sure it is not the gun. I know I rushed my shot at the coyote but still, I feel like that would be a dead dog if I had my .30-06. Anyway, I need to lighten the trigger on both my blackpowder rifles and that will go a long way to making sure the gun goes off where I am aiming and I don't jerk the shot.