HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could use some turkey help
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Turkey Goddess
Typical Buck

First off - CONGRATS on deciding to chase the KING of the woods! I bet you'll love it and if you're like most of us - you'll be ADDICTED!!! LOL

There are TONS of things you can try/learn when turkey hunting - but Nicky is right, if you got someone you can tag along with, that would be IDEAL! If you go to the archive section of the turkey forum - there is a TON of info there on everything you would ever need to know about getting started & being successful at turkey hunting.

I have a 12 ga and a 20 ga Rem 870 - I use a Rhino Choke tube and then you'll want to arm yourself with a few good calls. (tube, slate, box, mouth, etc.) and get good at that.

The turkey's roost in the woods and spend a good deal of time in them as well as in the fields. Knowing the pattern of the turkey's/where they roost will be your best places to start... I could go ON & ON... But check out the archives and let us know if you have any other questions. GOOD LUCK!!!!! We have an awesome spring turkey contest (just for fun) so join that too - cuz your teammates will be a big help to you too.

Kim